Job Location: BEP North America | Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Job Summary: Designs and implements software for automotive chassis and power train dynamometers and test equipment. Actively participates in the development and the field support of these machines, worldwide.
Job Specifications: BSEE, BSCE, BSSE, or BSCS with equivalent programming experience strongly preferred. Ideal candidate will possess over three years’ experience designing Windows user interfaces using C# .Net as well as developing multitasking control systems using C++ QNX or Linux real-time operating systems. Having exposure to machinery and equipment integration, buy-offs, and installations in the field is a plus. Must be a self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals, thrives in a fast-paced work environment, and is thoughtful and respects others. Handles pressure with a positive attitude, willing and able to travel as needed, and can work in multicultural environments.
Primary skills and responsibilities: (Others may be assigned)
- Programming Microsoft Windows C# .Net
- Programming multitasking control software in C/C++ using QNX Real-time OS
- Windows front end graphical user interface design
- Real-time control of large AC vector drives and motors, servo motors, and other robotic equipment
- Troubleshoot multiprocessor software and hardware systems in the lab and in the field.
- Communicate with customers and managers to define requirements and resolve functionality or schedule conflicts
- Document code and manuals to ease software maintenance
- Supports new equipment and equipment-installed base by providing on line support or on location support throughout the world
- Understanding of electronic and computer hardware systems, and the ability to use this knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and advise others
- Familiarity with serial and network communication interfaces (RS 232/422, Ethernet)
- Has a good understanding of mechanisms and mechanical and electrical components
- Travel as needed (approximately 30% and possible international travel)